I suppose the weather gods saw my complaint last week regarding the really hot weather and have let it cool down. Thank goodness! It's beautiful here now! Not too hot and not too cold.
Life at the PUC has been cooling down a bit as well as it nears the time for the legislature to go on recess. Today, we're going to be wrapping up talking to the legislative director for the bill I'm working on in order to figure out amendments for the bill. I'm not quite sure what the office works on when the legislature goes to recess, so it'll be interesting to see how the future weeks will pan out. Although the office has been slowing down substantially this past week, I've been working on a lot of smaller projects to get a few things organized, like creating checklist spreadsheets so we know who we sent our memos to and who we still need to send them too.
Something that I have found to be really helpful in working at the PUC is learning about all of the programs for low income households. I had no idea thatnthere were so many programs out there that people could apply for to get discounts on utility bills. I learned about these programs through an earlier project that I was assigned. It's really helpful to be aware of such programs because as a college student who will be living off campus, my roommates and I would love to save every dollar that we can! I researched three programs that most college students would more than likely qualify for! :)
Have a lovely weekend everyone. Bye!
Jaimie
No comments:
Post a Comment